- 10-153 F. Manzo
- Abnormal droplet formation in a metastable model in infinite volume
Sep 23, 10
(auto. generated pdf),
of related papers
Abstract. We study a simple nucleation-and-growth model with a very rich behavior.
Unlike other models, here the microscopic details of the critical cycle
can influence the pattern and time of decay from a metastable state.
Depending on the speed of growth, the system goes trough four
1) both the ``shape of the critical droplet''
and the typical relaxation time are the same as in finite volume;
2) the ``shape of the critical droplet" and its ``formation
rate'' are the same as in finite volume but the
``relaxation time'' is shorter;
3) the ``shape of the critical droplet" is the same as in finite volume
while the nucleation rate and the ``relaxation time'' are smaller;
4) the ``shape of the critical droplet" is different from what we have in
finite volume and its formation rate is smaller than the
formation rate of the finite-volume droplet.